Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Nice Leisurely Urban Ride


I've been keeping my eye on another group of buildings.

This was the status of the roof on 21 November 2010. It was the tile roof going on that caught my eye.
Before the tile roof began going up, I thought maybe this was going to be this old group of buildings demise. They were in pretty sad shape.


I wonder what they are going to do about this?

This was how the buildings looked a week later.
The dumpster is still there, but things are definitely changing..

The rebuilding is beginning.

And the roof is coming along nicely.

Today was the first day I ventured out after the snows here. The roads were clear enough that I could have rode yesterday, but Heather and I spent the day finishing up her shopping instead. The highlight of our shopping was this little gem I noticed in a house window in the neighborhood known as The Hill. Heather was driving and I made her go back so I could get a picture.

My, my, my, and just what are you up to Santa?

But that was yesterday. Today was Free Billie Day. So, off she and I went.

First we ventured north to drop off the vehicle insurance payment.
Then we meandered down to the buildings I've been keeping my eye on.
The dumpster is gone.
And, the tile roof is nearly complete.
All told the ride was a little over forty miles long. The temperatures were in the mid to high 30's degree F. It was a nice leisurely urban ride and a good way to return to the road after a week layoff.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Should have known...I forgot you were the pink flamingo guy! :)
    Nice find. Gotta love Santa and his Flamingo.
    Nice little trip, and interesting to see what's happening with the building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! It's great to see you and billie back out on the road again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluekat,
    I continue to be amazed how the flamingos just keep showing up. Oh well, and the bear, what is he doing?

    I wonder what it was like to live in these neighborhoods when there were these little shopping districts and the corner markets?

    Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,
    It is nice to be back out on the road again!!

    We may have snow for Christmas, so I'm going to enjoy the next couple of days.

    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of the Santa is almost scary, LOL
    Glad you were able to get out and about a bit. I know I always enjoy it. Here's hoping for a relaxing and wonderful holiday season for you and yours. May it be filled with good fun, family and good times.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim,
    I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, too. The days are supposed to be getting longer, I guess it will take a while.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keith:

    Have you ever considered being a building inspector, or detective ? You notice so many things. Perhaps someone stole the dumpster. At least these are being restored for some reason, and not cracked and falling down. Glad you enjoyed the ride. I often turn around for photos

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Symba is perfect for riding and noticing things. We are well matched in this regard.

    And yes, I'm always delighted to see one of these great older buildings being renewed.

    I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season. I do so appreciate you comments.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete