Friday, January 11, 2013

A Hint of a Sunset

Gradually the days are getting longer. If I was commuting by car would I have noticed? I can't say, but I suspect I would have noticed the change in the sunrises.


Up until this week the sunrise happened as I neared Downtown. Now, I'm able to watch the show nearly the whole way in.

And, tonight for the first time since the time change last November I actually saw a hint of a sunset.


Still, by the time I got to Billie, my Symba, in the parking area all evidence of the sunset was gone.

One thing about commuting in the City is even after dark there is always plenty of light.

Ah, but it's not daylight. It might be bright, but it is still night.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've noticed too the lengthening of the days and I am celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little by little the light is returning. Yes, I'm celebrating with you.

      Delete
  2. Is that your neighborhood in the last photo? It looks interesting.

    I have not noticed the days getting longer. I swear the sun is still heading farther south for sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      No, the photo isn't of my neighborhood. That is South Grand Blvd. and it is an interesting neighborhood. It was quite rough just a few years ago, but now is pretty safe as long as your not stupid. It is very near Tower Grove Park.

      And, having lived farther north, I know when the light is creeping back here, up north it is returning at the rate of a little slower than the rate of continental drift. Here I can see it, up where you are to notice it is more of an act of faith than perception.
      ~k
      ~k

      Delete