Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Wonder After Him

Nearly every morning I ride past him. He sits on his front steps. I've never noticed a coffee mug or a smoke. He appears to just be watching the neighborhood wake up. He is not an old man, but could be retired. And, he has that look about him, the look of someone not to be messed with.

I've thought about acknowledging that I've noticed him noticing me, but I haven't. Just a slight nod of the head would be all it would take.

He hasn't been out the last couple of mornings. I wonder after him.

The mornings have been cooler. Perhaps he is snoozing next to an open window enjoying the marvelous sleeping-in weather while trusting the early morning will carry on without him. Or, perhaps his perch is not so inviting with the chill in the air. I suspect I will never know.

I do know that unless Life laughs out loud at my plans I will be watching for him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment