Sunday, December 9, 2012

If She Offered Me Cookies...

It was a rainy morning. A fine mist hung in the air. It was foggy, a dreamy sort of fog.

I stopped off for a couple a bagels and to warm up a bit.

I was thinking to myself, "This is one of those mornings when I wouldn't be surprised if a time portal opened up before me...or maybe I ride out of the fog and find myself in a whole different reality."

When I left the bagel shop I rode off into a light, but steady rain. I was just settling into the rhythm of the ride when it happened. I must have rode over some mythic threshold. Anyway, I found myself near a place I knew to be the Pink Pole.

I don't know how I knew I was at the Pink Pole, but I did. And, I knew when one finds oneself suddenly at the Pink Pole one needs look for Santa Flaus. And, look for that right jolly old flf I did.

As I searched I found Mrs. Santa Flaus. She was standing on the porch. I vowed to myself if she offered me cookies I would just say, "No."

And, I saw a couple of flves. They seemed very busy and stayed to themselves.

And, I discovered a team of reinfeer all hitched up to the fleigh and ready to go.

But, I did not see Santa Flaus. Pity.

I'm sure if I would have found Santa Flaus he would have told me the true meaning of Flamingo-mas. As it was, I had to be satisfied to return to my own world in the pink of health and with a sense of increased well-being. Who says fla-miracles don't happen?





 

10 comments:

  1. Was that Christmas through flamingo colored glasses? Too Fl-unny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "flamingo colored glasses". Nice. Very Nice. Thanks for contributing to my Flamingo-mas cheer.
      ~Keith

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you didn't see Santa Flaus. He might have pecked your tongue or fingers to keep you from revealing too much Flamingo-mas. But I hope he brings you much Flappiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, you are probably correct. If he told me the secret, he might have to kill me. Seen in this light, I guess I'm lucky I made it back alive!

      I must say it makes my very flappy to hear from you. I've been missing your wonderful voice.
      ~Keith

      Delete
  3. Too much pink flaminoness for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the whole of it is a bit much isn't it? Still, I bet they had fun putting it together.
      ~k

      Delete
  4. Fl... fl... fl... Sounds like I have something stuck on my tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The therapy for that is to Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la la la la la...etc. That should get your tongue freed up :)
      ~k

      Delete
  5. I am continually amazed at how many flamingos you manage to find out and about.

    We see orange and black ones here since they make them in the OSU Team colors. But there aren't nearly as many hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question is this: Is my ability to find flamingos a blessing or a curse?

      I must admit I have never seen flamingos in any of the local school colors. That is something I wouldn't have thought of.
      ~k

      Delete