Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Two Of Us

First of all, for those of you who requested a photo of the both of us...

I'm the one in the hat.

We spent today at Howell Island Conservation Area. (Click here to read about the place)

 We'd hoped to see some wildlife, but we instead we saw reeds...

Not all of trail was this muddy, but it was all pretty much two track.
mud and ice.

I did see a ten point buck bounding through this old field savannah. However, since Heather didn't see it and I have no photo...it doesn't count.


We're told this place is really beautiful in the Spring, alive with wildflowers and birds.

But, today it was old milkweed pods...


A few touches of orange...

And curled dock gone to seed.

Still, it was a nice eight mile walk, albeit a boring one. And, neither of us got even one mosquito bite.

6 comments:

  1. Is it still warm enough that you have to deal with mosquitos!? We won't have any until June...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard,
      No it isn't warm enough for us to worry about mosquitoes. It was an obviously poor attempt at making a joke. Still, it continues to be much warmer than it seems it should be...but, not warm enough for mosquitoes.

      Delete
  2. That looks like such a pretty place to walk. Thanks for sharing the nature pics.

    I like the shadow picture. You two are so tall, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if it had been just a wee bit warmer there would have been more birds out and about. I think that would have helped me befriend the place more. That said, I have to agree, it is a beautiful place and different than most of the places we hike.

      Just think how tall Heather would have looked if she'd been wearing her hiking heels :)

      Delete
  3. Keith:

    I think Heather is taller than you, and her shadow obviously is more attractive.

    Merry Christmas, nice to have a bit of sunshine

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast
    My Flickr // My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bob,
      You will get no arguments from me over which is the most attractive shadow. I am in total agreement with you!

      It is pretty gray here today and possibly there will be snow Christmas night. We'll see.

      Delete