Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year

Last Sunday we were on a trail at Columbia Bottom Conservation Area


I saw a coyote. I saw it three times. The first time Heather didn't see it. It came out of the woods ahead of us, saw us, and hightailed it back into the woods. The second time I saw it Heather saw it, too. It was up on the paved part of the Confluence Trail, but by the time I got the camera out it was gone.

The third time I saw it, I was able to get a photo of it. I'm taking this as a good omen for 2013.

A second good omen for 2013 was having both my son and daughter in town for New Years. It was a treat for me and it was the first time I'd met my daughter's beloved even though they been together for years. She lives back East and we don't get together near enough.

Oh well, busy lives.

Two omens would have been enough to raise my hopes for 2013, but there was a third good omen. After the family time and partaking of some great East Indian food I was able to get out for a short ride . It was 4pmCST when I pulled out of the alley. There was a nice chill in the air.

It was a nice temperate 26F/-3C when I took off and it pretty much stayed the same temperature all the while I was out and about.

I was out for about an hour with probably fifty minutes of saddle time.

And, although it is hard to believe, there was even a fourth good omen leading me into the New Year.

While on my ride I discovered these flamingos. They were on a street I often travel. I think they are new. Yay!

Happy New Year! May it be a wondrous and beautiful year for you filled with nothing but good omens and miles and miles and miles of safe riding.




8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Keith! I think 2013 is going to be a good year. Seeing flamingos is a good omen for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great year Keith. Enjoy your riding and darn it, you have already ridden further than me so far this year! Enjoy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year to you Circle Blue, good omens are sometimes are to come by, you've got four!

    dom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best and warm wishes for this new year. So nice your family got together.

    I love the coyote photo. So much world mythology of the coyote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good omens, 2013 is shaping up to be a great year for you.

    Happy New Year to you and Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, my friend. I have faith that your omens are well and deserved and will continue through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Happy New Year to you, Lori! Let's make this the best year ever okay?
    ~k

    ReplyDelete